Friday, May 24, 2013

What to pack for the Oregon Trail:

Well, after playing the game for years, I thought I automatically knew what to pack for our trip. 50 pounds salt, guns, pork fat and water barrels, right? Well, turns out only two of those things are actually coming on our trip! Guess which ones? :)

To begin my packing yesterday, I did the most important thing first: hit up the liquor store! I discovered that the Minnetonka Brewry's Big Island Shandy was half off! Naturally I bought a case. Next stop, the grocery store. The challenge for this trip is to not gain 300 pounds because of eating crappy food for two weeks straight! We tried to get a variety of foods like fruit, veggies and some nuts. We also plan to wear pedometers and get 10,000 steps in per day! We'll see how that goes...

Because I still have a lot of stuff at home in Minnesota, I'm trying to use this opportunity to bring sentimental or breakable things back to Montana became I definitely do not trust TMO to move those things! As you can see, the Honda pilot is officially full! Now I'm just waiting for Claire to get off work so we can head out. Our goal today is to get close to Independence, Missouri where the Oregon trail begins! Lets get this wagon train going!

No comments:

Post a Comment