Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 6: Pocatello, Idaho

Whew! State number 8 and we're crashing for the night! Unfortunately the hotel has terrible WiFi so I can't post any new pictures but hopefully we'll be able to tomorrow! Stay tuned for more updates!

Quick updated!
- Kayla took my stitches out this morning! I was supposed to have them taken out on Friday but Kayla was eager and I was getting so sick of them so we did it today! My thumb did not shoot off so I think I'm ok. We'll see...

- There are few rest stops between Evanston, Wyoming and Montpelier, Idaho. Go when you can or you may end up sprinting into the trails museum and scaring those working there.

- The trails museum does an amazing tour that guides you from packing your trailer and picking out your belongings to a stop along the way. Here we learned about a medicinal concoction mixing opium and whiskey and how to care for our wagon and oxen! Coolest part was the wagon ride simulation!

- Soda Springs is where you can find fresh soda water constantly bubbling out of the ground! It tasted delicious but was an odd site to see. I don't understand how it happens but it was amazing to see!

- I got a call from Anthony saying that my Montana teaching license came in the mail! When I get home I can't wait to start applying for jobs! Horay! He is surviving but hungry for different food than pizza and chicken nuggets. He will be very happy when I get home and I will be very happy to see him!

- We stopped at a brew pub here in Pocatello and sampled about 6 beers. I found a delicious wheat beer and they served pretzels the size of your head! Wonderfully delicious!

Tomorrow begins day 7 of the trail! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment