Monday, March 18, 2013

Week two

Well, here we are. Week two of Jillian Michaels has officially begun! The first week went well however I have some suggestions for anyone considering this workout (at the bottom are life updates!):

1) Have the radio or speakers ready to play over the audio. Jillians voice starts to sound like nails on a chalkboard by the 2nd day and I hated every word she said! It was bad enough that I was sweating and wanting to die, I couldn't deal with her relentless cheerfulness and motivation. So, I simply watched the DVD and listened to my backstreet boys Pandora station!

2) this is not a workout for those living in apartments or dorms! Especially when week 2 comes along, the high knees and jumping sound like construction zone. I may not be graceful or in shape but there is no quiet way to do this!

3) keep water close and wear a headband if you sweat like I do. The first week I was panting, sweating profusely and wanting to die.

4) don't go out and specially buy weights. I have used everything from water bottles to soup cans to olive oil jars and they work just fine. Anything around the house will do.

5) finally, especially if you have weak shoulders like I do, don't feel bad using the modifications or to make your own. The first day of the workout I use mostly modifications so I can understand the form and see where I'm at. Today was the first day of week two, which pretty much does everything from a push up positions, even the cardio. I have zero shoulder strength so about halfway through I started doing high knees and jumping jacks instead of the suggested horrifying movements on the DVD. I am hoping by the end I will be able to do a real push up but for now, I do my best but I can only do so much! How do women get that kind of upper body strength, that's the real mystery!

A few more updates:
-We have wireless internet now! I am excited for Skype tours of the house so just give me a call or text if you want to see our place!

-I have applied to four, yes four, jobs here on base. So far, no responses. I did get some interest on my care.com page and I am hoping that it works out. I hate sitting around the house all day leeching off Anthony's income. I have always been an independent person and the idea of someone taking care of me, even my husband, is difficult for me to wrap my head around. Also, I have run out of things to do during the day! Not having a car really limits what a person can do. We will see what happens with the babysitting gig.

Well, I think that's all for now! Nothing too exciting happening but for now it's nice to have a wonderful house, great friends and to actually live with my husband! As my cousin said, I have the rest of my life to work, for now I will just enjoy getting to sleep till 11 and getting to spend time with Anthony. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment