Saturday, March 2, 2013

Life lesson

Well, today I learned a valuable life lesson: never leave a military base without double checking your purse! Today a new friend and I tried to go explore the local thrift stores (so far, they're not as good as Minnesota) and as we were driving I realized I left my wallet in my gym bag! This morning Anthony and I met up with some friends to play walleyball (it was awesome!) and I put my wallet in my gym bag. Unfortunately I forgot to move it back to my purse before we left base today! The major drawback about living on a military base is they tend to frown on just anyone coming through the gates. I had tip frantically call Anthony and other friends on base to see who could meet us at the gate to I've my wallet. After about a half hour of panicking, we finally got a buddy to meet us! Thank you! Whew. Well, even though the thrift stores are not as great, we still were able to hit up target which is always a home away from home for me. All in all, a lot of adventures today.

On the plus side, as you can see we got our washer and dryer working today! Trying to set up the dryer duct almost killed us (Anthony has the cuts on his hands to prove it) but after about an hour of fighting, cursing, and praying we were successful. We have been trying to catch up with laundry since its been almost two weeks since we've done any laundry. (They sound like a video game when you power them up! ) and speaking of, the dryer just chimed in to tell me my load is done! More to come tomorrow but just remember to double check your purses before you leave the house! Goodnight all!

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO GUYS IT LOOKS REALLY NICE THANKS FOR THE POSTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geeze ... I'll trade you washers and dryers ;0P Those looks lovely!!! And walleyball!??! I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete