Friday, March 29, 2013

Growing up

Hello blog readers!
Sorry for the delay in the posts, but unfortunately my life lately has not been very exciting! Yesterday Anthony got his schedule for the rest of the month and I quickly realized that I have to start making new friends. He will be gone pretty much every other day for at least 24 hours, wonderful. This also got me thinking, when was the last time that I had to start all over making friends?!?! Although I have met some wonderful ladies in Anthony's class, unfortunately they also will be working these crazy hours which means they will not have a lot of time to hang out. This means that I have to find some new friends. Where does one begin on this adventure! On base there are many get togethers and there is something called a spouses club but usually I go to these things with a wing-man, someone I can count on to go with me, hang out with me and rescue me if I get stuck! Now, it's all up to me and can I say, it is terrifying! The last time when I was completely on my own to make friends was in first grade! If only they had speed-dating/friend-finding. 

Not only do I have to start completely over with my friend finding, I am also still jobless. Four job applications, zero jobs. However, I officially have my Wisconsin teaching license so I might be able to apply for jobs without the Montana license! I have to call and ask about it on Monday but hopefully this will set things in motion!

On Wednesday I learned from Chef Matt how to make pasta from scratch and, if I may say so, it is really delicious! It took a little while and it was a little messy but it was definitely worth it! Flour, eggs, salt and olive oil mixed together and kneaded then cut and boiled. I have tried it before but it turned out terrible! This time I had instruction from an actual chef and he helped me past the goopy chewy phase. The key thing that I did not do the first time was knead it for long enough. Matt says that you should knead the pasta until you pull it and you can see light coming through but it does not tear. It made a ton so I now have a freezer stocked! 


On Sunday it is our first Easter living here in Montana and our first real holiday as husband and wife. I realized that it will be the first time in 23 years that my mom will not hide my basket. Thinking about this the other day made me sad and made me miss my family, especially my mom. I was lucky to have such a wonderful family growing up and they always made holidays special. To attempt to make Easter  more magical, I told Anthony that he has to hide my basket and I will hide his. I think he took this as a challenge because he has been plotting ever since and now I worry that I will not find my basket until next Easter! I am excited to make my first every Easter lunch/dinner on Sunday so wish me luck with the ham (I pray to God it turns out)! I'll let you know how it goes! 

Well readers, I am off to the mailbox because I have not checked the mail today and my mom says that I should have a package! As you all know, I love getting packages! 

Happy Good Friday Everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope the Easter dinner went well! I know the feeling of having your first holiday away from the "family" ... I have to remind myself that Lucas and I are creating our own family traditions ... we can take a little from his family and a little from my family. It's tough but I promise it gets easier with time!

    The pasta looks great! I think you need to find yourself a cookbook and cook your way through it. If always having delicious food doesn't make new friends, then there's no hope for Montana. Could be a fun way to fill the hours when Anthony is on his crazy work schedule!!

    OR - if you want to start researching our trip ... I have PLENTY of stuff that we need to start looking up! Give me a call ;-P

    Happy Easter my dear!

    ReplyDelete