Thursday, February 21, 2013

A brief update

Good evening!
I am very sorry for the delay in posts! We will not get internet here until Tuesday so everything must be done through my phone! However, I would like to update everyone on pur adventure!

1) we are officially at our new house and it is amazing! We will have your furniture moved in tomorrow and I am so beyond excited to actually open and use our wedding gifts! We have been furniture shopping a lot lately and it had been fun looking at the possibilities. We are going to wait and save up some money before we make any big purchases but we did buy a new washer and dryer! That was definitely a necessity because we would quickly run out of clean laundry otherwise! I will post pictures of the new place once we get internet!

2) we are adjusting to life here on base and in the now chilly climate. Everyone in town says that they are sorry we had to move here during the cold winter but really, these people do not know cold! Shout out to all my Minnesota people who know what cold really feels like! Its actually not terrible here. Usually in the 30s and 40s and the sun feels great! Base living is wonderful but took some getting used to. Anthony and I have decided it is like living in the greatest gated community ever! However, I know have to keep track of m keys and my ID otherwise I will not get home! Which posed a problem. About 3 hours after getting our house, I locked myself out and had to wait at the neighbors for Anthony to come home. One awesome thing is that we are friends with a lot of pur neighbors already so it makes the transition a lot easier. I am still missing my family and friends in Minnesota but the move is a lot easier with friends around. Which brings me to....

3) Our first official meeting of our book club is in a few weeks! As you can see in the previous post, tonight we decorated sweatshirts with puffy paint and had a ton of fun! We are going to be reading American Sniper for our first book and we will meet to discuss in 2 weeks. The social chair of the book club and I went on a crafting spree tonight and began to decorate group sweaters! I am very happy to be involved in things here and I am looking forward to the adventures ahead!

Well, the movers will be here at 9am tomorrow and that means this is our last night on an air mattress! Horay! Tomorrow I get back my kitchen! Which cannot come soon enough because tonight while Anthony was at poker night with the boys, my dinner was goldfish and m&ms left over from the trip. One step closer to a real house! Thank you for your patience! When we officially have internet, this will be updated more with more pictures! Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment