Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Home!

Well, after 2 weeks, 5,000 miles and 50 cups of coffee (yes we calculated that!) I am finally home. I did not realize how tired I was until I got home last Thursday night and suddenly felt like I could sleep for ages! I think I was just so used to going, going, going that I didn't realize how tiring a road trip can be! It was an amazing, once in a lifetime, epic adventure but it is good to be home again (and Anthony is pretty happy too).

Catching up: Of course, almost immediately after getting settled, I had to see everyone here that I had missed for 3 weeks. Last Friday, Anthony went on alert leaving me alone in the house. I texted everyone and we had a lovely night here. It was a lot of catching up, playing excellent games, and it made me realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by such awesome people here. Anyone who will play scramball with me is a friend in my book! Although there were some jabs made at my as-seen-on-tv expanding hose that are unforgivable ;) Don't worry, those who make fun are just jealous of my light weight gem. We ended the night at the neighbors with a bonfire, which is something I have not done in a long time. My clothes still have the smell and I can't bring myself to wash them because that is the smell of summer! A few smores roasted on a sword later (yes that's right, a sword) and it was officially the start of summer.

Future prospects: While we were driving to Seattle I got a phone call from one of the jobs I applied to here on base. It was as an assistant program director at the youth center here on base. It was completely out of the blue and I was so unprepared I forgot to ask where the interview was! After some creeping around on base with Claire on Thursday night, I found the youth center! Friday at 10am I had my interview and I was so nervous. I have not had an interview in 5 years and I usually talk a lot when I get nervous so needless to say I was a little rusty. The interview went well and I felt like I nailed the questions but you never know. So they said that it might take a few days to get back to me and I just had to wait. Anthony and I enjoyed the weekend and saw Epic (which was awesome!) and when Monday rolled around, I got a phone call from Human Resources here on base.... I GOT THE JOB! I was so excited. It sounds like I will be supervising children ages 6-12 as they do activities and go on field trips. After meeting with Human Resources yesterday I learned I will have about 3 weeks until the job actually starts which is perfect because I get to enjoy summer a little bit here!

Making friends!: Well, today Anthony and I attended an Air Force gathering at the local trampoline park place. I was nervous about this because I fall walking down the hallway and I am not exactly better on an unstable surface. We stayed for a little bit and luckily all major injuries were avoided, although Anthony was forced to eat a dog bone (because they're squad is nicknamed the Red Dogs... hilarious!) but I did get a chance to meet some of the other wives of the 12th squad. I met the Head Spouse, something I didn't know existed, and a few other wives. The head spouse is apparently a lady who has been here a while and is a person on base that we spouses can contact with ANY questions, comments or concerns that we have. Although this would have been wonderful to have a few months ago, I am still so happy that I now have this contact person. I found out how to join the spouses club and they have awesome get togethers like Pinterest Dinner Night, Book Club Night and a game called Bunko that I have never heard of. Long story short, I am hoping my social schedule just got a lot more busy! It's funny how I leave here and when I come home, everything that I wanted just fell into place!

Updates: My thumb is healed! After Kayla took out my stitches, I was amazed at how quickly it healed!  There is only a small red mark on my thumb and it is nice to be able to use it again. My plants are slowly but surely coming back to life after my absence and the house is still standing, Anthony did keep it very clean while I was gone and I was impressed when I came home. Montana is amazingly green now and I am in love with the weather. I can't wait to get outside more, especially now that I got my free military national parks pass! Well, I think that is about it for now. I am going to go start dinner and I think we are going to watch Silver Linings Playbook tonight (Anthony is finally agreeing to watch some of my movies now!)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the update Hannah, it was a great read. I feel almost caught up with your life.. Am very happy for you as thing seem to have worked out in your favor. lots of love to you from your "Father"- dad

    ReplyDelete